18

18

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

Hey everyone!! I am in my new area!! I am in Lapeer South Area. We live in Oxford. This week has been busy learning the area and training my companion. 

Monday: We did our normal stuff and then I packed my stuff. It was really hard to say goodbye and pack!! I miss Adrian but I know this is where God needs me. 

Tuesday: Was transfers!! We got up and headed to Livonia for transfers. We got there and met our new companions. My new companion is Sister Cruz. She is from Roosevelt Utah. She is great. She has only been out for 6 weeks. I am training her. I was super nervous but it has been great. Then we went to lunch with a member Sister Smart. After we went and met with a Less active and taught him about prayer. It was a great lesson. 

Wednesday: Was our district meeting. I meet our new district and had a great meeting. I love meetings we learn so much. Then we went and met with our investigator Bill. He is trying to quit smoking. He is on date to be baptized on Aug 2 so that is really exciting. We have been teaching him about quitting smoking and he is almost there. 

Thursday: We went and helped our investigator Peggy. She lives on the one of the lakes and we have been helping her with her yard. Her husband has Huntington's it is like Parkinson's so she takes care of him. We helped her plant flowers in her yard. It was great. I love helping others. Then we did some finding!! This area is hard to find people everyone already has a church and nobody has been interested but we will find people. 

Friday: We did our weekly planning. It is crazy how time flies. After that we went and helped Peggy some more and then we went and visited with Erik. He was recently baptized in march so we talked with him about Patriarchal Blessing. He is super funny. 

Saturday: Today we got a severe hot weather warning so it was really hot and humid. It was 91 but felt like 115. we were told to drink lots of water and to stay cool. We went and saw a less active and taught her about church. She came to church and even brought one of our investigators for us. It was great.

Sunday: Was my first Sunday here in Lapeer. It is amazing to me to see how much the gospel is the same no matter where you go. This ward is great!! They are all friendly and nice. They care about you and want to get to know you. We taught the relief society lesson on temples. It was a great lesson. 

Well that was my crazy week!!! I love you all and hope everyone has a great and safe 24th of July!!! 

Love Sister Alisha Carol Betts

No comments:

Post a Comment